This weekend I am quite literally mixing it up with a food recipe, having been gluten free for almost two years, I have become quite accustomed to missing out on the ‘good stuff’ but alas, this blondie recipe has changed that.
First things first, the ingredients:
- 250g of a good white chocolate (you don’t want it too oily)
- 200g of caster sugar
- 4 good sized eggs
- 200g of salted butter
- 1 teaspoon of salted caramel flavouring or you can use vanilla if that’s easier
- 150g of frozen raspberries
- 200g of gluten free flour + 20g for coating the raspberries
So! you’ve got the ingredients, now what?
- Begin by melting the butter and white chocolate in a saucepan, do this on a low heat and be careful not to burn it- it won’t taste good! make sure it is completely melted and set aside to cool down a lot. While this is cooling, mix the egg, flavouring, and sugar together in a big bowl.
2. Now for the hardest part of this recipe! The white chocolate and butter must be as cool as possible, although it can have some heat, basically you just don’t want the mixed eggs to turn to scramble, so carefully combine both mixtures in the big bowl.
3. yay you did the hardest part, now for the best bit (getting closer to eating them) taking your gluten free flour, sieve it into the big bowl, and use the remaining 20g of GF flour to coat the raspberries (this will stop the berries from sinking in the oven)
4. Were on the home stretch people! Mix your Raspberries into the bowl very slowly – unless you want pink blondies! Taking a small to medium sized tray, line it with baking paper heat your oven to 180’C (0r 356F)
5. Now, delicately pour the mixture into the tin and taking a knife – stir the raspberries round so they are evenly distributed across the whole tray. Once that is done, cover the mixture with foil and bake at 180’C for 20 minutes, then take off the foil and bake uncovered for a further 10-15 minutes (depending how gooey you want them – I personally would eat them raw)
7. Once cooled and cut, there’s nothing left to do but inhale each one and sit back with a cup of tea – enjoy!
Thanks for reading – Heather