I’m back! I took a little break to focus on well, life, but alas I find myself having cleaned my room and motivated to get back into this blogging stuff! I also wan’t to try and write more personal blogs and lean away from the journalistic stuff for a couple of months, I think I got to regimented in posting! So original me is back and ready to go with some huge things in line for 2020.
First off, I hope the New Year has started off good! I had a quiet Christmas period but it was perfect. To start this ‘new year, new me’ crap off I’ve written a realistic new years resolution list;
- Listen to music every morning
- Listen to more Charles Trenet
- Plan hundreds of fictional *very affordable* holidays, and pull one out of a hat (You’ll probably end up in a tent in your garden)
- Write thoughts, feelings and ideas down, log that stuff!
- You hate writing a diary, so take photos instead
- Watch those films you’ve known about for years but are too lazy to watch
- Learn how to make Macaroons, the lemon kind.
- Read every book your given, even the bad ones
- Spend another year obsessing over Escape to the Chateau and thinking “Yeah, I can do that”
- Buy more vintage, the 50s and 60s and live out your Maisel dream while being more Eco friendly
- Be more Eco friendly, remember to bring that reusable cup!
- Go to fun museums in London like the Fan Museum and the Vagina Museum
- Get that bike out the shed and shove a basket on it, spend Sunday’s hopelessly lost in the countryside with a dish of grapes (For the romantics in you)
- Say yes more than you say no, go on adventures.
- Sew more, make more, diy more
- Keep your room tidy, is it really that hard Heather?
- Make friends with that curious cat that’s always in your garden
- Go one level up in Nandos
- Cook or bake one new thing a week (The reality is a month)
- Buy one more big plant and name it Victor
- Pick one history topic a month and find pockets of time to read about it
- Start writing a book, you’ve got the idea
- Go on more than one run in a year, ONE!? I managed last year
- Go to sleep early for once, for once…
- Put your phone away at 9pm
- And finally, compliment your friends and family
Right, do you think I can do any of these? Absolutely not. But will I try? Heck yes. Back to film posts next week!